Thanks to BlueGal for the award
I hadn't heard about the Thinking Blogger Awards until I got one from Blue Gal.
In keeping with the tradition, here are my five selections for the Thinking Blogger Award:
1) Clammyc at My Three Cents. There has rarely been a brighter, more clarion voice in the progressive blogosphere. I'm proud to partner with him on our new Political Nexus blog radio shows. Just read his stuff--it's worth it.
2) Digby at the Hullaballoo. Yeah, everybody knows Digby so it's an easy choice--but DAMN she's good. Just about every single post is freaking brilliant and gives me the best food for thought, word for word, of any blogger out there.
3) bonddad at the bonddad blog. Brilliant economic commentary and analysis, though almost always bearish. But how could you not be bearish given the unprecedented structural anomalies in the American and world economies?
4) Juan Cole at his blog. We can all talk up a storm about what we think about the situation in the Middle East. But no matter what happens, it turns out that things are usually far more complicated than even we know. No blogger brings out the truth of that complexity like Juan Cole.
5) Last but not least, dday at dday's blog. IMHO, the most underappreciated blogger in the entire blogosphere bar none. He's got great stuff, and he posts often. An all-around pleasure to read.
Winners are asked to follow the rules here. Share the love!